Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tour de Houston (in search of squash)

Today was a day devoted to house cleaning and bike riding. House cleaning because Mike comes home tomorrow and the house looked liked it hadn't been cleaned in about 2 weeks. I did a full top to bottom, dish (no dishwasher) and clothes wash, sweep, mop and dusting in about 3 hours. This is a personal record for me.

Around 3:30 I realized I had not turned in my schedule request for November. This is where the bike riding started. Trip 1 was to work to fill out and turn in my schedule request. Note to company: develop an on-line form please.


View Larger Map

From there I headed downtown for my Rotary meeting. The location we usually use was occupied by another event, so we opted for for a social meeting at Lucky's Pub. Lucky's has no bike rack I would like to point out, so I had to lock my bike to a street lamp.


View Larger Map

The socializing was good. From there I headed to the Randalls on St Emanuel. I had my grocery list and the full intention of making the previously mentioned 'curry pear squash soup' to have in the fridge for Mike when he gets home tomorrow. Well guess what: no butternut squash. Also no pear nectar. Apparently to cook anything in Houston outside of your standard meat and potatoes, a trip to Central Market or Whole Foods is required.


View Larger Map

From there I rode home. I dropped the items off I was able to get from Randalls at my place.


View Larger Map

From there I ditched my bike, sore butt and all, and walked to Kroger in search of the squash. Victory on pear nectar, still no butternut squash. In defeat I walked home.


View Larger Map

8 hours later, post good night's sleep, I rode up to the other Kroger and found my squash. Soup got made, although I have not tasted it yet. By the time it was done, it was time to ride to work.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment